Devices I would have a use for:
- Asus D16 Mainboard:
- Usage : Will be used to build the fastest RYF x86 computer possible for compiling Replicant faster
- Asrock P55 Extreme:
- Usage : To test the removal of the Management Engine firmware
- Usage : Convert the beagleboard to the devicetree in Barebox (will not be done soon though)
- A Pine64 or any other 64bit ARM SBC supported by upstream u-boot and Linux and that can run boot with only software:
- Usage : Work on making Parabola armv7h usable on 64bit ARM computers with 32bit userspace
- A Pandaboard or any other SBC with an OMAP4 System On a Chip:
- Usage : Try to see if it can run the nonfree bootloader of various OMAP4 smartphones and tablets: Smartphones and tablets often have chips that have multiple components inside like the System On a Chip, the RAM, the eMMC storage. As free OMAP4 bootloaders exist, we could try to replace the chip with the System On a Chip to see if the replacement chips still enforces the bootloader signatures or not. If that works for a given batch people could buy a chip and try to find a place that does advanced micro-soldering level repair and get their chip replaced, and once everything is tested and works fine, they could install a free software bootloader. Having the nonfree bootloader working on such replacement chips would make testing easier which in turn would make this whole thing possible if replacement chip that don't enforce signatures do exist. In addition I may also do some bootloader work for Parabola if I manage to find the time.
Devices I can give away:
dib9000 compatible Digital TV card:
- State : nonfree firmware required, 1 coil to repair?
Many Intel WiFi cards:
- State : nonfree firmware required